Our On-Site Assessment Professional Learning
Rely on Solution Tree for on-site professional development with the power to reduce failure rates and increase student success in every classroom. Our assessment experts will guide your school in developing grading practices and assessments for learning. Discover how your school or district can implement effective student assessment activities such as self-assessment and common formative assessment.
Where are you on your professional learning journey?
Your school or district is ready to start building expertise with Assessment professional development.
You need specialized professional learning services to continue deepening your expertise with Assessment.
Building Your Skills
Whether you’re kicking off the school year, launching a new assessment initiative, or wanting to address specific challenges, a customized keynote presentation will help your team implement and sustain effective assessment practices and procedures.
Get a comprehensive overview of effective assessment practices, and receive customized guidance and support from an expert. Potential topics for this one-day on-site service include the basics of balanced assessment, cultivating assessment literacy, and developing a common language in assessment.
Rebooting Assessment: How to Balance Conversations, Performances, and Products
Assessment is overdue for a technology-supported reboot. Written tests simply don’t provide adequate evidence of the full range of educational outcomes that come from 21st century learning. This engaging professional learning session will share strategic, practical ways to triangulate assessment by employing a balance of oral, performance, and written tasks. You and your staff will leave this training with new ideas and inspiration for gathering evidence of complex skills and competencies.
- Explore how balanced classroom assessment leads to deeper student engagement, greater equity, and increased reliability.
- Discover the role of formative and summative assessments and how to use triangulation to assess student learning outcomes.
- Learn how to use technology and digital evidence to support assessment, including student self-assessment and peer assessment.
Making Grades Matter
Take the next steps in your standards-based grading journey. Our expert practitioners will share field-tested, research-backed practices and processes to help you make the shift to this powerful approach to grading.
- Explore the three big ideas of standards-based grading.
- Learn how to organize your gradebook by standards.
- Develop a meaningful purpose for homework.
- Create a reassessment policy for your class or school.
- Utilize a customized action plan to make grading matter in your classroom or school.
- Collaborate with experts to overcome common obstacles and challenges to grading reform.
Making Grades Fair, Meaningful, and Equitable
Develop your action plan for leading lasting grading reform. In this full day of professional learning, you will establish clarity on the purpose of grading and gain research-backed strategies for shifting to more effective practices.
- Question traditional grading and reporting practices and seek a more accurate way to gather, share, and use this important data.
- Understand the qualities that exist in successful grading reform initiatives versus the qualities of those that fail.
- Examine guidelines for implementing effective standards-based grading policies and practices at all grade levels.
Deepening Your Skills
Designing Quality Assessments
Discover how to design assessments that reflect student learning in meaningful ways.
- Explore the characteristics of quality assessments, and design tools to enhance assessment literacy.
- Learn how to design or revise current assessments to more effectively guide instruction, involve students, and communicate learning.
Sustaining Your Skills
Provide differentiated professional development to your staff with job-embedded coaching. A coach with firsthand assessment experience will help individual educators as well as teams reflect on their current assessment practices and procedures and then take the necessary steps to make targeted improvements that result in increased student achievement.
Share your vision of assessment with us, and we’ll design a learning experience tailor-made to your challenges and goals. Our assessment experts are available for both on-site and virtual training, ensuring both teams and individuals get the support they need in the learning format that works best for them.